Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

Literal:

a) I Vanessa Pacheco, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
b) Carlos Pacheco
       -Vice President of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
            (323) 804-4081
c) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlMzNOgFPiPXdHliYm5MX3lIcFlNOHhtY2s5b0hseEE&usp=sharing#gid=0
d) Mondays and Wednesdays I worked with Carlos. He gave me lists of companies and all their information I needed . With the information I received I created competition grids. I also went with Carlos to visit different companies and I got to meet a lot of people and here about their business plans. I then made a business plan myself with Carlos. We also worked together to advertise the businesses and try to get new customers.


Interpretive: 
These are photos from my days working with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

Example of business plan I made for SuperChem. (apologies it had to be in spanish)

This is Minerva Hernandez. She is the President of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.


These are some of the business cards of the businesses I went to.

This is an example of the competition grid from a business. It lists all the products they offer.

Applied:
 This component helped me understand the foundation of my topic better because I got to work with actual businesses. I also learned a lot of new things about building relationships with workers and customers. I got to talk to a lot of people and get different ideas. I just feel like it opened up the doors for me because now a lot of people around my community know me. This component actually helped me with finding my first answer for my 30 minute presentation. 






No comments:

Post a Comment